- Pasta - I used whole grain, and used spaghetti and elbows, just using up left over bits
- Pasta Sauce
- Ground beef - I used ground chicken because it was in my freezer, any sort of ground meat will work
- Mozzarella cheese
- Cottage cheese, one large container
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 can mushrooms, or fresh mushrooms
- Fresh spinach, chopped
- To taste add: garlic, parsley and red pepper flakes
1. Start boiling the water for the noodles, and browning the meat.
2. Combine in a casserole dish, I am using my Dutch oven - cottage cheese, sauce, mushrooms, spinach (chop very finely if you want to hide it from picky eaters), handful of mozzarella and dry spices.
3. Sautee onions and garlic, when onions are translucent - add to the casserole dish.
4. Once meat is browned, and noodles cooked - add to casserole dish, ladle a little bit of the pasta water into the dish as well.